Friday, July 1, 2011

Current Obsession: Fjords


I have this compulsive yearning to go wandering around fjords. I think the urge is a product of leftover wanderlust from China and this Sigur Ros music video that I have currently been obsessed with. According to Wikipedia, a fjord is a long, narrow inlet with steep sides or cliffs, created in a valley carved by glacial activity. That sounds so primal and epic--I want to don my rabbit-hat, a chunky sweater and some leather climbing boots and ramble all around the cliffs and crevices looking for secret caves and taking in beautiful views. According to Google Images, there are lots of fjords in Iceland (above), Norway (below), and Greenland (last picture). I think my favorite part of fjords--besides the glacial formation part--is that they have sheer cliffs. Cliffs imply adventure and frolicking and exploring in general.



For wanderlust and frolicking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment